Full documentation is available in the official PBS Pro Guides.
Currently, there is no separate documentation that is solely focused on the open source licensed version. Although these guides are focused on the commercially-licensed 13.1 version of PBS Pro, they fully document the open source licensed 14.1 version as well. The 13.1 and 14.1 versions share the same features except as noted below:
Only available with the 13.1 release:
- Estimated start times for non-top jobs (pbs_est)
- xpbs and xpbsmon
- Platform support not yet merged into the open source release for:
- SGI power management (Green Provisioning)
- Cray XT series
- Add-ons for power management (Green Provisioning), allocation management, and data-aware scheduling
Changes in the 14.1 release:
- All OS-provided libraries are dynamically linked
- Removed 3rd party commercial code
- Code refactoring to adhere to open source best practices
See the PBS Pro Roadmap for future enhancement plans.