Installing PBS Pro on Windows 7 Professional ( All in one complex )
- pbsadmin user (part of the administrator group)
- Installation is halted by the below message
- Failed or Time out while creating PBS Data service
Please see the attached screenshot.
Aborting the installation (after hitting the ok button) . the installer closed and there was no remnants of installation files or logs . The $PBS_HOME was cleaned up.
Debugging with Gajendra:
On the G2M with Gajendra, we did try many work arounds / try outs:
- adding a debug bat / launcher.bat file, but the workaround bat files got overwritten upon entering the pbsadmin credentials.
- Manually correcting the batch script and running it with log, this did not work as the PBS_CONF_FILE was not set, even on setting it manually , it mentioned it could not find the file (pbs.conf existed and was see in the explorer window).
- Gajendra mentioned he would build me a debug installer build to run on the Windows 7 Professional system, it seems he has been hooked up with some other work, still not seen the debug installer build
I tested it later for latest PBS with the above steps , same results.
I have to find other Windows 7 Pro system without any antivirus / malware / firewall deployed on them to test it whether it really makes any difference.